continuing from the previous day —
- Do I really care about other people’s suffering? I register in my mind another disaster, a flood or volcanic eruption or drought. People suffering from persecution for their political or religious view (or lack of religion). I know there are people around me who suffer from mental disorder, or domestic violence or being poor — and do nothing about it.
- I might get angry seeing or hearing about people suffering but that is all form my reaction. I lost interest or don’t think about it. I might show some righteous appearance in defiance for those causing suffering, but I really don’t care.
- I care about retribution for those who cause suffering for others, from the top to bottom — politicians, religious leaders or religious freaks, bad bosses, violent parents and spouses and so on.
- I wish them either prolong suffering like they caused for others or swift disappearance for them and their families so no one can benefit from their actions.
- Am I a violent person? Or is it just a coping mechanism for me not to completely give up on humankind?